Tuesday 22 May 2012

a little bit about me...x

#todayimwearing Vanessa Bruno Basic Tee & Whitney Eve Printed Trousers...


My personal style is...
still evolving. I'm yet to establish my own signature look, however I love looking to Parisianne chic for inspiration.  I love the cool elegance of actresses Vanessa Paradise and Clemence Posey and designers such as Isabel Marant and Vanessa Bruno. 

Fashion to me is...
is like a glove, looking for that perfect fit that is effortless and as much as part of your personality.  It should be fun as well as being the perfect opportunity to discover who you are.  To be a stylist I get to play dress up every day and find new discoveries in fashion.

My favourite fashion moment has to be...
my Olsen at the Met Ball dress.  Purchased from Love Label and designed by my friend Lynn Carlin, I felt beautiful.  The dress had a 30's meets 70's feel about it, fully embellished with ruched long sleeves. It was highly inappropriate for the Bistro New Years dinner, but I didn't care, it was my moment.

If I had to choose 5 key wardrobe pieces...
1. Indigo Skinny Jeans
2. Grey Marl Cashmere Knit
3. French Sole Ballet Pump
4. 1920s Original Beaded Dress
5. A loved hand bag - it should tell a million stories from its travels

My go to designers are...
different every year.  Each season I look to all the shows across the 4 major cities and I absorb details from each.  I think it's important as a stylist to know what's happening in trends, not just the clothing and accessories, but hair & make up also.  For AW12 I will be obsessing over Chloe's super soft palette of slouchy knits and blood red drop waist trousers.

If I had to choose a style icon...
for past it would be Audrey Hepburn, in particular in the movie Funny Face.  She is a typical clothes horse and a stylists dream. She would wear anything and make it look effortless.  For modern it has to be Ashley Olsen, whether its her layered day look, or eccentric red carpet, I love that her palette is neutral.  Plus she just has the perfect hair...

I always find inspiration...
looking at street style, bloggers such as Peony Lim & Hanneli Mustaparta, devouring magazines, Style.com and Fashion Gone Rogue.  Twitter & Instagram are also a great source for inspiration.

xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment