Tuesday 22 May 2012

come out & play test shoot...x

This summer I'm having my own love affair with sugar almond brights, iridescent textures and conversational details.

When friend & photographer Emma Woolrych approached me about a London test, I jumped at the chance and started daydreaming clashing prints. The spring summer catwalks were a bag lady mismatch of tropicana florals, graffiti prints and ornate geometrics, all thrown together with pastel washes and neon highlights.  A vintage hoarders dream...

For the shoot I wanted to educate myself on new and emerging talent, therefore headed to Blow PR http://www.blow.co.uk/, a boutique mecca for innovative talent. I took to the rails at Blow like a shopaholic in a sample sale...I pulled pencil drawing prints from Saffron Knight, super eccentric peplums from Fam Irvoll and luckily bagged (opps I mean pulled) a trophy jacket from Soojin Lee. On leaving I spied some Bug embellished accessories by Sorapol and with a little begging (me) and cool aloofness (Danni, Blow agent) I got the pieces.

As a high street girl I wanted to mix the pieces back with affordable trend staples.  I did a Neon raid at H&M, a shoe haul at Topshop and Zara and then headed to Oasis for pastel separates.

Below are some sneak peek behind the scenes pics and the Final Edit...let me know your thoughts...x

The Team
Photographer - Emma Woolrych http://www.emmawoolrych.com/
Model - Adeele @Models 1
http://www.models1.co.uk/details.aspx?nav=1&modelid=502850&sexid=2&subid=7771&mainsubid=7771&indx=&ltr=&num=1
Hair&Make-up - Erika Swinn http://erikaswinn.co.uk/
Stylist - Moi
Behind the Scenes
New Face Adeele @Models 1
Natural beauty was the theme of the day for hair & make-up, a pretty canvas to showcase the clothing.

Iridescent sequin jacket by Soojin Lee x
Rail of clashing dreams x
Sun shined down for March Test x
Every girl needs a teddy to rest her elbows on x
When a model feels beautiful, its priceless x
The Final Edit

Print Clash Scoop Back Cami @Saffron Knight
Sugar Almond Lace Peplum Skirt @Fam Irvoll
Lace gloves - something borrowed from Emma W
Pastel Pink Sunnies - Stylist Own :o)
Neon Peplum @H&M
Transparent Block Necklace @H&M
Peplum & Necklace as before
Print Clash Silk Capris @Saffron Knight
Pop of Neon Socks @Topshop
Snake Detail Peeptoes @Zara 
Touch of Neon Dress H&M Pink Label
Bug Detail Metallic Clutch @Saropol
Bug Detail Metallic Gloves @Sarapol
Lace Teddy Detail Bandeau @Fam Irvoll
Pastel Ribbed Socks @Topshop
Disco T-Bar Wedges @Topshop
Acid Knit Jacket @ Ekaterina Kukhareva
Satin Stud Tee @Oasis
Metallic Capris @H&M Pink Label
Hot Pink "i need these in my life shoes" @Topshop
New Mermaid Sequin Jacket @Soojin Lee
Full Skirt Sequin Skater Dress @Topshop

No comments:

Post a Comment